Demikianlah artikel mengenai
Columbia`s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships in the earth, environmental and ocean sciences. Candidates should have recently completed their Ph.D., or expect to finish by September 2012.
Lamont-Doherty researchers work to understand the dynamics of earth`s chemical, physical and biological systems, from its inner core to upper atmosphere, as well as its interactions with humans. Successful candidates have a record of scientific excellence and a clearly expressed plan to investigate problems at the forefront of earth science.
Our scientists lead research in the fields of solid earth dynamics (e.g. seismology, geodesy, mantle dynamics, petrology/geochemistry, earthquake and rock mechanics, marine and continental tectonics/geology/geophysics), ocean and atmospheric dynamics (e.g. climate/paleoclimate, climate forecasting, physical/chemical oceanography) and life sciences (e.g. biological oceanography, biogeosciences, plant physiology, paleontology). We are also developing programs involving the oceans` global carbon cycle, coastal and estuarine processes, terrestrial ecology, natural hazards and cryosphere studies. Applications from all fields are encouraged.
The fellowship lasts 21 months and includes a $56,000 annual stipend and a $5,000 research allowance. Successful candidates are encouraged to apply for external funding and may be eligible for further internal awards and positions. Researchers currently at Lamont-Doherty, or with a Ph. D. from Columbia`s Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, are ineligible.
The deadline for applications is January 13, 2012. Winners will be announced in April 2012. Please apply online and include a PDF of your curriculum vitae, research proposal, list of publications, references and employment history.
For more information contact:
The Office of the Director – Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
Palisades, New York 10964 Telephone: 845-365-8546 Fax: 845-365-8162 email@example.com
Related Postdoctoral Opportunities are available at the Earth Institute at Columbia University
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory is committed to diversity. Columbia University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit Official Website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical CyclesOverviewThe International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) in cooperation […]
- [Spain] PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology at Universitat Autònoma de BarcelonaThe Institute of Environmental Science and Technology (ICTA) at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is a […]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition at Columbia University The Committee on Global Thought`s annual post-doctoral fellowship competition opens on September 15, 2011, for positions for the 2012-2013 academic year.The post-doctoral fellowship of the […]
- WWF KATHRYN FULLER FELLOWSHIP WWF KATHRYN FULLER FELLOWSHIPSponsored By : THE WORLD WILDLIFE FUNDThe Fuller Fellowships support early-career, post-doctoral scientists pursuing research of extraordinary importance and […]
- [Denmark] PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of CopenhagenOverview Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship within the following […]
- PhD student position at Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research OverviewThe Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ is a research institution within the Helmholtz Association. It provides scientific contributions to the safeguarding of the […]
- Wageningen University PhD Position in Bioprocess Engineering “STW Biocement Project”, Netherlands Wageningen UR (University & Research centre)A PhD student who will explore the technical and environmental aspects of sustainable cement production. The PhD will work at Environmental […]
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Soil Carbon Dynamics at University of Central Lancashire The Environmental Sciences Division (ESD), Official Website., at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Official Website ., has an immediate opening for a post doctoral research […]
- Postgraduate Scholarships, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, is pleased to offer Postgraduate Scholarships for international students (male only) for the academic year 2016/2017.
- Postgraduate Research in Environmental – Chemical Analysis, Dublin City University, Ireland Chemical analysis of novel contaminants in the Irish aquatic environment and their potential to bioconcentrate and bioaccumulate up the food chain.Funding Agency: Environmental Protection […]