Demikianlah artikel mengenai
PhD Studentship in Detection and analysis of enteroviral infection in human type 1 diabetes at University of Plymouth
- Job category: Research
- Location: Plymouth
- Hours: Full-time/Fixed-term for 3 years
- Salary: See main text
- Closing date: Tuesday, 31st May 2011 at 16:00
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Job reference: PCMD-GS-0038
Equal Opportunities (DOC – 76Kb)
This Studentship is based in the Institute of Biomedical & Clinical Science at Plymouth.
The Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry with its parent Institutions, the Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, are seeking to attract PhD candidates of outstanding ability to join their exciting and rapidly expanding programme of internationally rated research.
As part of our new developments and our commitment to research excellence, applications are invited from suitably qualified graduates, 2:1 or above, for a PhD studentship in the above field. International students must also have IELTS [International English Language Testing System] score of 7 and above (or equivalent qualification).
This studentship will develop ongoing research which has implicated the establishment of a persistent enteroviral infection in the pancreatic beta-cells, as a possible factor leading to autoimmunity in human patients with type 1 diabetes (see Diabetologia 52, 1143-1152, 2009). The successful candidate will join a team investigating these mechanisms and will develop methods to study the cellular response to enteroviral infection in tissue samples obtained from patients with recent-onset type 1 diabetes. The team forms part of an EU consortium studying viral infection in diabetes and the student will have opportunity to collaborate with relevant consortium partners.
Closing date for application: 31st May 2011
Start date: 01st October 2011
For an application pack, please contact:
Bernice Wilmshurst, Senior Administrator (Research Degrees)
Peninsula College of Medicine & Dentistry,
John Bull Building, Tamar Science Park , Plymouth PL6 8BU
Telephone 01752 437471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion, please contact: Prof Noel Morgan (email@example.com)
The stipend will be £13,590 (based on full time 10/11 rate). Tuition fees will be paid at the home rate. Candidates from countries outside the European Uni0n will be liable for the difference between `home student fees` and `international student fees`. If you wish to be considered for this studentship you must confirm that you are able to pay the international portion of the fee. For the 10/11 academic year this is £9200 but is likely to increase slightly each year. If you are selected you will be required to provide financial assurances.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD studentship in Process and outcomes of patient and public involvement (PPI) in research at Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry “Process and outcomes of patient and public involvement (PPI) in research: a natural experiment conducted through PenCLAHRC”: PCMD-GS-0042 This Studentship is based at Exeter.The Peninsula […]
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine PhD Scholarship, University of Oxford, UK The Radcliffe Department of Medicine 4 year PhD Scholars ProgrammeThe Radcliffe Department of Medicine at the University of Oxford is a large multi-disciplinary Department that undertakes […]
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kyungpook National University, Korea Admission ScheduleApplication Period : February, 2012 ~ March, 2012Announcement of Successful Applicants : April 30, 2012Visa Issuance and Entry to Korea : July, 2012 ~ August, 2012Korean […]
- Research Fellow at Queen`s University Belfast OverviewQueen`s University BelfastResearch FellowBT7 1NNRef: 11/101675School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology.Available […]
- Postdoctoral in Business Administration The holder of this position should have competency and experience in at least one of the fields of business studies. Scholarly proficiency is the main requirement for employment. The […]
- ESF-CUC PhD Studentship Opportunity in medicine at Plymouth University Pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy: evaluating the effectiveness of a novel intervention, the dynamic elastomeric fabric orthoses (DEFO).We are seeking to award a PhD studentship […]
- Postdoctoral Fellow and PhD Studentship Positions at Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry The Department of Bioorganic Chemistry (Prof. Wessjohann) has several openings for postdoctoral fellows and Ph.D.-students. The latter requires the completion of a European master or an […]
- PhD Studentship in Vascular Medicine, University of Nottingham, UK Predictors of responders to non-responders with DPP-IV inhibitor and association between oral antidiabetic use with hypoglycaemia and cardiovascular outcomeSupervisors: Dr Iskandar Idris […]
- Scholarships for International Students by University of Exeter Foundation University of Exeter Foundation Scholarships Announcing the creation of 10 scholarships valued at £11,940 each The University of Exeter and INTO University of Exeter invite applications […]
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Exeter Foundation, UK Announcing the creation of 10 scholarships valued at £11,940 each The University of Exeter and INTO University of Exeter invite applications for the University of Exeter Foundation […]