Demikianlah artikel mengenai
At the Institute of Botany and Landscape Ecology of Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University Greifswald (Germany) a position is available as
(50 %, 20 hours per week, 3 years = PhD-student position/Doktorandenstelle)
in the field of Peatland Studies and Palaeoecology.
The PhD student will work within the DFG collaborative project „Polygons in tundra wetlands: state and dynamics under climate variability in Polar Regions (POLYGON)”. This interdisciplinary project (with Hamburg University, Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research Potsdam and several Russian partners) studies the short- and long-term dynamics of Arctic polygon mires in Northeast Siberia (Indigirka-Delta, Kolyma) as a function of climate and climate change. The project aims at reconstructing Pleistocene and Holocene developments and at modelling future changes as a reaction on global warming. The relevant sub-project in Greifswald focuses on developments in the past decades and centuries. The position involves labour-intensive microscopic analyses and 1 month per year field work in Arctic environments.
Salary is according to the DFG (German Research Foundation) salary scale (Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L Wissenschaft).
The research involves
1. Study of vegetation, permafrost morphology and temperature conditions in selected polygons.
2. Analysis (pollen, non-pollen-palynomorphs, geochemistry) of surface samples
3. Palaeoecological analysis (pollen, non-pollen-palynomorphs, macrofossils, geochemistry) of selected cores.
4. Dendrochronological analysis of trees and dwarf shrubs.
5. Data integration and interpretation wit respect to climate and weather dynamics.
The position requires a diploma or master in Natural Sciences, preferably in Landscape Ecology, Geobotany, Geography, Earth Sciences or Quaternary Sciences. Good knowledge of pollen, npp’s and macrofossil analysis and of Russian is of advantage.
Applications of women and seriously disabled persons will be preferentially considered.
Please send your electronic application before April, 15, 2011 to Prof. Dr. Hans Joosten:
who can also provide further information.
Prof. Dr. Hans Joosten
Institute of Botany and Landscape Ecology
Grimmer Strasse 88
Application Deadline : 15 April 2011
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarships at Aalesund University College Aalesund University College (AAUC) is located in Aalesund and at the centre of the offshore ship industry in Norway. This maritime cluster is quite comprehensive and consists of […]
- 2011 PhD Positions in Arctic Geophysics at University Centre in Svalbard, Norway The Department of Arctic Geophysics of the University Centre in Svalbard have vacancies for two PhD position for four years each within the Space Physics group focusing on optics of air […]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Earth, Environmental, and Ocean Sciences at Columbia University Columbia`s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships in the earth, environmental and ocean sciences. Candidates should have recently completed […]
- Phd Scholarships at CLIB-Graduate Cluster Industrial Biotechnology The CLIB-Graduate Cluster Industrial Biotechnology offers 6 PhD scholarships starting in the autumn 2011 semester. This is a structured doctoral programme of Bielefeld University, the TU […]
- Scholarships Fellowship in Cancer Stem Cell Research at University of Oxford Haematopoietic Stem Cell LaboratoryWeatherall Institute of Molecular MedicineUniversity of OxfordEurocancer Stemcell Training is a network gathering 9 laboratories of 6 member states at […]
- PhD student position at Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research OverviewThe Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ is a research institution within the Helmholtz Association. It provides scientific contributions to the safeguarding of the […]
- [Germany] Postdoctoral Position in Quantitative Finance at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg Postdoctoral Position in Quantitative Finance (TV L 13)Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg (Germany)Institut zur Erforschung der Wirtschaftlichen EntwicklungApplication Deadline: July 31, […]
- [Denmark] PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of CopenhagenOverview Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship within the following […]
- PhD Studentship in Modelling the Effect of The Chemical Matrix-CNT Interactions on The Composite Electrical Properties, Portugal Marie Curie Initial Training Network CONTACT(FP7-PEOPLE-ITN-2008-238363) for the tailored supply-chain development of CNT-filled composites with improved mechanical and electrical […]
- PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School Project 9: Analysis of olfactory receptors of Manduca moths using RNAi, Supervisor: Prof. Bill Hansson, MPI-CEGiant Manduca moths find their host plants to a large degree using odors. We […]