Demikianlah artikel mengenai
Uppsala University hereby declares the following position to be open for application: PhD student position in Astronomy or Space and Plasma Physics at the Department of Physics and Astronomy
Are you interested in studying dynamical processes in young and evolved stars, the early evolution of galaxies, the origin of the chemical elements, the enrichment of interstellar matter with gas and dust from evolved stars, the formation of the solar system and other planetary systems, asteroids and comets, how the solar wind can penetrate the Earths protective magnetic field and how it affects other bodies in the solar system, energy transport and particle acceleration in space, and other space plasma phenomena?
Are you interested in using satellite clusters, analysing data from Saturn and its moons Titan and Enceladus, studying space with large radars, observing with the worlds largest telescope VLT in Chile, analysing data from space telescopes, or modelling phenomena and objects in space with supercomputers?
We are now announcing the availability of one PhD student position within any of our four PhD programmes (se below).
To be eligible for a PhD student position you should have a basic university degree (at least BSc) and fulfil the entry requirements for the PhD programme (see details below). Important considerations in filling a PhD student position are the scientific capability of the student, as well as the ability of the department to offer adequate supervision for the elected research project.
The department offers four PhD programmes in Astronomy and Space and Plasma Physics:
- Astronomy with specialization in Astrophysics
- Physics with specialization in Astrophysics, and
- Physics with specialization in Space and Plasma Physics
Apart from having differing research emphasis these differ also concerning the required undergraduate curriculum.
General information regarding PhD studies at the Faculty of Science and Technology can be found starting at http://www.teknat.uu.se/cms/en//node221
Detailed information regarding PhD studies at the Department of Physics and Astronomy:
The current research fields of the Astronomy and Space Physics division may be found at http://www.physics.uu.se/astro/en/page/research
We encourage projects involving cooperation between the PhD programmes above.
Further information regarding the positions can be obtained from Bengt Edvardsson (firstname.lastname@example.org) +46 18 471 5983, Nikolai Piskunov (email@example.com) +46 18 471 5958, Mats André (firstname.lastname@example.org) +46 18 471 5913), or Susanne Höfner (email@example.com) +46 18 471 5953. Trade union representatives are: Anders Grundström, Saco Council, phone +46 18 471 5380, Carin Söderhäll, OFR-S/ST, phone +46 18 471 1996, Stefan Djurström, Seko, phone +46 18 471 3315.
You are welcome to submit your application no later than 25 March, 2011, UFV-PA 2011/230. Use the link below to access the application form.
Visit official website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Student position in Biophysical Chemistry at University of Gothenburg The University of Gothenburg, Faculty of Science announces; Ph.D. student position in biophysical chemistry at the Department of ChemistryWe are looking for a highly motivated PhD student […]
- PhD student position within the ATLAS experiment at the CERN Large Hardon Collider at University of Uppsala Scholarshipat the Department of Physics and Astronomy. Starting date: Spring term 2011.The Uppsala ATLAS group is part of the High Energy Physics group at the Department of Physics and […]
- CIMB Regional Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2010 In line with our vision to become Southeast Asia’s most valued universal banking group, CIMB Group is committed towards building the region’s intellectual properties and capabilities. With […]
- Graduate Research Assistantship in the College of Electronics and Information Engineering, Chosun University, Gwangju We seek skillful, hard working and highly motivated candidates with good credentials to join our dynamic international research teams as PhD or MSc students. There are vacancies in […]
- PhD student in Electrical Engineering at KTH Royal Institute of Technology The Electromagnetic Engineering lab at the School of Electrical Engineering, KTH - Royal Institute of Technology - seeks a PhD student in Electrical Engineering.KTH is the largest […]
- EPCL PhD Scholarships 2011 in Computational Logic 2011- Doctorate Programme in the field of Computational Logic by EPCL in Europe Study Subject: Computational LogicEmployer: EPCLLevel: PhD The European PhD Program in Computational Logic […]
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY WORLD SCHOLARS APPLICATION GUIDELINES – SEMESTER 1 2011/2012 UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY WORLD SCHOLARSAPPLICATION GUIDELINES – SEMESTER 1 2011/2012IntroductionThe University of Sydney World Scholars awards provide opportunities for academically gifted PhD […]
- International Student Scholarships, Dalarna University, Sweden International Student Scholarships are a testament to the commitment of Dalarna University (DU) to quality and outstanding international students. These scholarships are available to […]
- Master Scholarships in Renewable Energy Science at RES, Iceland RES – the School for Renewable Energy Science in Iceland is now accepting applications for its one year (90 ECTS credits) international M.Sc. Degree Program in Renewable Energy Science, […]
- International Summer School in Solar Technology Applications for Rural Development, Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, Germany 2011 Summer School on Solar Technology Applications for Rural Development in Germany Study Subject: Solar Technology Applications for Rural Development ,Engineering, Financing, […]