Demikianlah artikel mengenai
Uppsala University hereby declares the following position to be open for application:
Two PhD positions in Statistics
at the Department of Statistics.
Starting date: 1st of September 2011 or as agreed upon
The discipline of Statistics analyses and develops methods to interpret and draw scientific conclusions from data. The main research areas at the Division of Statistics are time series analysis/econometrics and structural equation modelling.
Eligible for a PhD position is the student with a Master degree, completed courses of 240 ECTS points, whereof at least 60 ECTS points on Master level, or equivalent. Further, the specific entry requirement is 90 ECTS points in statistics or equivalent. Solid background in mathematics and in applied science is considered a merit.
The rules governing this are set out in the Higher Education Ordinance Chapter 5, § § 1-7, and the university’s rules and guidelines http://regler.uu.se/Rules_and_regulations_in_English/
The graduate study normally comprises four years of full-time studies. Studies include 105 ECTS of courses and a dissertation of 135 ECTS. The thesis (or the articles that it consists of) should be publishable in international scientific journals. It should be defended on a seminar with an external discussant and a grading committee.
The application should contain:
1. Certified CV
2. Certified copies of exams, degrees and grades.
3. Undergraduate/Master thesis/theses in statistics (in Swedish or English).
4. Description of research interests.
5. Other relevant documents.
Information: More information can be obtained from Professor Rolf Larsson, phone +46 18 471 1146, e-mail email@example.com or professor and director of PhD studies Johan Lyhagen, phone +46 18 471 2844, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Union representatives are: Anders Grundström, SACO-rådet, phone +46 18-471 5380, Carin Söderhäll, TCO/ST, phone +46 18-471 1996, Stefan Djurström, SEKO, phone +46 18-471 3315.
Welcome with your application no later than April 15, 2011, UFV-PA 2011/701. Use the link below to access the application form.
Two PhD positions in Statistics
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- [Switzerland] PhD Positions at the Institute of Statistics, Faculty of Economics, University of Neuchâtel The Institute of Statistics of the Faculty of Economics of the University of Neuchâtel expects to open up to two assistant positions (for a total of up to 150% working time) starting in […]
- PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology, Lund University, Sweden PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology – LUND UNIVERSITY The student will work in the area of dynamical modelling of biological networks, in particular in relation […]
- PhD Positions of Economic History in Stockholm University, Sweden The Department of Economic History offers two positions in the doctoral studies program/Third Level programmes. Within the doctoral studies program it is required that the student […]
- PhD position in Geochemistry The Department of Geological Sciences (Stockholm University, Sweden) invites applications for the following PhD position in the Geochemistry. The position is fully funded through the […]
- DART-Doctoral Program in Accounting, Reporting and Taxation DART is a doctoral program in Accounting, Reporting, and taxation with a comprehensive view of economics-based research and a strict focus on quantitative methods and modeling. It is […]
- Scholarships in Psychology at University of Uppsala, Sweden Position as PhD student in developmental psychology. The project that is the financial basis for the position concerns the relation between aggression and cognitive control functions (so […]
- Doctoral student position in Business Administration Karlstad University–the modern university–is characterised by a combination of active cooperation with external partners and academic excellence. Karlstad University has around 12 000 […]
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry at Lunds University, Sweden Post graduate Scholarship in Biochemistry for MSc Students in biochemistry or biomedicine or corresponding educationJob description: Studies on molecular level of structure, function and […]
- Doctoral Student in Economics at Lund University The research will be developed in connection with the research project R-ARE, which is a long-term project focused on entrepreneurship, innovation and development in regions of varying […]
- Doctoral student in Combustion Physics at University of Lund OverviewType of employment: Limit of tenure, 4 years Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Physics, LundFirst day of employment: As soon as possible Official Records Number: LTHPA 2011/394 […]