Demikianlah artikel mengenai
The Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) was established as a research institute of the University of Queensland in 2003. The Institute is now operating out of a new state-of-the-art facility and houses 28 Principal Investigators with strong international reputations. The Institute is located at the University of Queensland, a Group of 8 (Go8) member.
The QBI is one of the largest neuroscience institutes in the world dedicated to understanding the mechanisms underlying brain function. Details of the current QBI interdisciplinary research programs can be found at
Visit Official Website.
Become a research higher degree student (PhD, Masters) or occupational trainee (research project towards a degree) at the QBI and be part of the start-up phase of an exciting new second-generation sequencing research centre that embarks on trailblazing research projects identifying the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms of brain function and brain related diseases. You will be able to take ownership of research projects taking your results to publication and be part of an efficient team to develop tools for different sequencing applications (exom capture, RNA-seq, CHiP-seq).
1. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Information technology or related field.
2. Experience with Bioinformatics/Next-gen tools and languages e.g. Read aligner, GATK, GALAXY, UCSC Genome Browser, Ensemble database
3. GPA of 5.5 (scale 1-7 equivalent to approx 78%)
4. Excellent written and spoken English (IELTS 6.5)
5. Fundamental knowledge of software engineering (programming, testing, object-oriented systems programming and design)
6. In-depth knowledge of Unix and Unix-scripting.
7. Experience with cluster and/or cloud computing technologies (e.g. SGE)
8. Required languages Java, Perl, Python, C++, XML, MySQL
LOCATION: Brisbane, Queensland Australia
HOW TO APPLY: For immediate consideration, please email your resume and a cover letter addressing the specified requirements to Denis Bauer (d-dot-bauer-at-uq-dot-edu-dot-au)
REMUNERATION: UQ offers competitive scholarship options.
Application Deadline : 31 May 2011
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Cardiff Research Scholarship into Advanced Neuroimaging Methods CRANIUM’s aim is to stimulate the next phase of development of neuroimaging methodology for translational neuroscience applications in human health and disease.The hub of CRANIUM is […]
- PhD Scholarships in Molecular Medicine and Neuroscience, Medical University of Graz, Austria The Medical University of Graz invites excellent students to apply for the PhD programs in Molecular Medicine and/or Neurosciences starting in fall 2011. Up to 21 scholarships will be […]
- PhD Scholarship in Bioinformatics at the Queensland Brain Institute, Australia The Mowry group has currently two PhD projects available. Two PhD scholarships are available in the area of psychiatric genetics and second-generation- sequencing: Project 1: […]
- Post doctoral fellow in Neuroscience at Institute of Basic Medical Science ONE POSITION AS POST DOCTORAL FELLOW (SKO 1352) in Neuroscience is available for three years in the Synaptic Neurochemistry Laboratory at Department of Anatomy, IMB, University of Oslo […]
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Mechatronics and PhD student in Mechatronics We are one of Poland’s leading Universities committed to maintaining our position at the forefront of our field in research. We are delighted to invite applications for eight unique and […]
- Master and PhD Scholarships in Neuroscience, University of Tuebingen, Germany The Graduate Training Centre of Neuroscience is the first international neuroscience Graduate School was established at the University of Tübingen in 1999. In the future, three Schools […]
- International Masters Excellence Scholarships (Medical Sciences), Newcastle University, UK Value of award
Start date and duration
Commences September 2016 entry for one year.
Application closing date
The closing date for applications is 22 July […]
- PhD Scholarships 2011 at International Max Planck Research School for Neural Circuits, Germany The IMPRS for Neural Circuits was recently funded by the Max Planck Society and offers ten positions for talented students holding a relevant Master´s or Bachelor´s degree to perform […]
- International Students Masters/PhD Scholarships in Graduate Training Centre of Neuroscience, University of Tuebingen Germany Masters, PhD Scholarships for International Students in Graduate Training Centre of Neuroscience at the University of Tuebingen, Germany.The Graduate Training Centre of Neuroscience is the […]
- International Student Scholarships for Masters and PhD in Neuroscience, University of Tuebingen, Germany The Graduate Training Centre of Neuroscience is the first international neuroscience Graduate School was established at the University of Tübingen in 1999. In the future, three Schools […]