Dibawah ini kampuskelaskaryawanjakarta.com menyampaikan tentang Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University sebagai berikut:
Demikianlah artikel mengenai Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University Semoga Bermanfaat Bagi Anda.
The Paul Speijer Fund was founded in 2010 to support African students wishing to study for an MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen.
‘I can continue Paul’s work’
Paul Speijer (Plant Pathology, 1985) spent many years working as a nematologist in Africa until he was killed in an air crash in 2000 at the age of 42. ‘He was totally dedicated to helping African farmers. By training local researchers, he could contribute to their development’, explains his widow Nicole Smit. She decided to set up a fund to help African students study at Wageningen University. ‘It makes me happy that I can continue Paul’s work. While he was in Africa, he helped many students working for their MSc and PhD. When his aircraft crashed, he was actually on his way to see two of his students in Nigeria.’ The compensation that was ultimately awarded to the surviving relatives by the air company forms the basis of the fund. African students can apply to the fund to help finance their plant studies at Wageningen University. Speijer himself conducted research into nematodes in banana cultivation. He studied Plant Pathology at Wageningen University and completed his PhD in 1993 at Bonn University. He then worked for the IITA (Agricultural Research for Development in Africa) in Uganda.
In order to be eligible for a grant from the Paul Speijer Fund, a candidate must fulfil the acceptance criteria of Wageningen University. The fund strives to enable one student per academic year to study in Wageningen. Additional acceptance requirements and information about the application procedure are explained below.
This scholarship is being offered to candidates from Africa, who have completed a BSc in Plant Sciences or Agronomy with outstanding results, who are currently working as a professional in a local research institute and who will use this postgraduate education to become leader in their field. Candidates must be committed to returning home after finishing the MSc study with the aim of contributing to the improvement and further development of the agricultural production of food crops in the home country.
Further requirements for the Paul Speijer scholarship are:
- a GPA of at least 80% of the maximum grade.
- Admission to the Wageningen University MSc programme in Plant Sciences or Plant Biotechnology.
Information about the enrolment procedure and admission requirements can be found at
If you have been admitted to Wageningen University or are in the middle of the admission procedure and are interested in applying for a scholarship through the Paul Speijer Fund, please send by e-mail:
- the Wageningen University admission letter or your file number
- an updated CV specifying your research activities,
- a motivation letter in which you address the specific criteria for this scholarship mentioned
- a letter of recommendation of your professor or employer
to: Mrs. Dr. Anja G.J. Kuipers
Programme Director BSc & MSc Plant Sciences, Plant Biotechnology and Organic Agriculture at Wageningen University
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2011. The selected candidates will start the study in September 2011.
Visit official website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Deutsche Bank Women’s Scholarship Programme 2011, UK MBA Scholarships at London Business School Deutsche Bank provided for Women MBA Students of Any Nationality Including Female Students from Nigeria, Africa and Every Other country. Study […]
- The Carter G Woodson Institute Post-Doctoral Residential Research & Teaching Fellowship, University of Virginia The Carter G. Woodson Institute for African-American and African Studies at the University of Virginia invites scholars whose work focuses on Africa and/or the African Diaspora to apply […]
- Connaught International Scholarship for Doctoral Students at University of Toronto, Canada The primary purpose of the Connaught International Scholarships for Doctoral Students is to assist graduate units in recruiting and supporting outstanding international scholars to the […]
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK Scholarships are offered to students who are nationals of countries outwith the EU for undergraduate study in any subject offered by the University. 20 scholarships are available for the […]
- Melbourne International Fee Remission Scholarships (MIFRS), University of Melbourne, Australia The Melbourne International Fee Remission Scholarship (MIFRS) is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne. […]
- Imam Bukhari & Imam Tirmizi Visiting Research Fellowships, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, UK Applications for the academic year 2012-2013 are invited for the Imam Bukhari and Imam Tirmizi Visiting Research Fellowships. Applicants should be citizens of countries in Asia or Africa. […]
- Research Fellow in Comparative Plant Phylogeography at Queen`s University Belfast School of Biological Sciences immediately available for a period of 2 years in the first instance.Anticipated interview date: Thursday 16 June 2011Salary scale: £29,972 – £39,107 per annum […]
- Robert L Platzman Memorial Fellowships, University of Chicago, USA The University of Chicago Library invites applications for short-term research fellowships for use during 2012. Any visiting researcher residing more than 100 miles from Chicago, and […]
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Training & Master Programmes, Belgium VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from Africa, Asia and Latin-America to follow a training or master programme at a Dutch speaking university or university college in Belgium. […]
- Undergraduate and Honours Scholarships, South Africa Scholarships are available to students who wish to study towards a Bachelor of Science degree majoring in Physics and Mathematics and to students who wish to study towards a Bachelor of […]
Pencarian: Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University : Kelas Karyawan Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University, Biaya Kuliah Kelas Karyawan Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University , Kuliah Malam Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University, Biaya Kuliah Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University, Biaya Pendidikan Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University, Waktu Kuliah Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University, Pendaftaran Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University Jurusan Yang Ada di Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University, Kuliah Sabtu Minggu Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University, Program ekstensi Paul Speijer Fund for MSc in Plant Sciences in Wageningen University,